Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten
und wurde 2.269 mal aufgerufen
 Introducing Myself
mikee68 Offline

Neuling

24.05.2015 02:31
Hello from Japan Antworten

Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a Welshman living in Japan.

I have owned an Estrella for about a year, but now its really time to do some work on it.
I'm thinking of turning it into bobber.

However I have almost no paperwork for the bike and I'm not a gifted mechanic - although I can follow a repair manual!
I wonder if anyone has a workshop manual in English they could send me please? Reading Japanese is so very hard …

Finally I guess I would like to say that if anyone out there is really struggling to find parts outside of Japan, I could probably source them quite easily and ship them out.
If that would help someone … ?

Thx.

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

24.05.2015 09:00
#2 RE: Hello from Japan Antworten

Hi Mike and welcome here!
Sorry, I don't have an english manual,
but you can write your questions,
and we try to help you.
It would be nice to follow your progress.
Make some pictures and show them to uns.
I am curious, how your Estrella will be
tranformed.
Actually the manual, no matter in what language,
doesn't help you that much.
Bobber means fat tires, no fenders
and maybe a different seat and handlebar.
And probably a smaller gasolene tank.
Am I wrong?
Please tell us more about your project!

Greetings
from
Italy

Soulie

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

24.05.2015 12:23
#3 RE: Hello from Japan Antworten

Hi Mike!

I am a fan of Shropshire (a shire most people in Germany don't know).
So, I have visited many parts of Wales from Shropshire (Snowdon +++).

I will send you a link to the German manual of a BJ250A (B1) as PDF files.

As far as I know, Estrella manuals in English have never been published.
The Estrella has never been offered in an English speaking country by Kawasaki.

Best regards
Andreas

mikee68 Offline

Neuling

27.05.2015 16:20
#4 RE: Hello from Japan Antworten

Hi there all
Thanks for the interest in my project.
However this could be a long slow process as I don't have much spare cash at the moment - plus its summer so I'm riding my bike everyday.

I plan to slowly get all the bits I need and to save enough cash to have the frame powder coated and the cylinder head gas flowed.

My idea is to have he frame in Kawasaki green with gold flecks.
Everything else will be matt black - engine (already black), forks, tank (teardrop style already ordered!) single seat, chopped down rear mudguard (no front mudguard of course).
Teeny tiny LED indicators bolted direct to the frame, vertical number plate with small round rear light (ordered), side-mounted speedo (with no extra casing or anything), lithium ion battery in a Rat Trap chrome case, and K&N air filter (no side panels. Also straight through exhaust (ordered). Plus I'm taking out the rear shocks and turning it into a hardtail.

I also plan to fit a new smaller "naked" headlamp with new handlebars (but not too much ape-hanger) and re-route the key to an easier location.

Finally considering refurbishing the spoke wheels but have the rims painted the same colour as the frame … any thoughts???

As soon as work begins, I'll UL some pics.

Thanks for any feedback
Mike

Anton Offline

Sternchen

01.05.2016 17:18
#5 RE: Hello from Japan Antworten

Hello, my question to you. Can you for a used double seat for Estrella year 97 in Japan are resourceful?

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz