Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten
und wurde 953 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Maintenance & Technology
zee Offline

Neuling

30.08.2017 10:32
Carburetor issue Antworten

HI guys,

Got my estrella 3 weeks ago, it was fine for few days but i had to pull the choke to start the bike every mornings and evenings, i live in sri lanka it's a tropical island so the climate is decent.
Is it normal to start the bike with choke?

So last week i got the carbs cleaned by a mechanic still the same, and added to that, it's flooding when i pull the choke, tries to stop here and there but after riding few kM it becomes normal, but at times it stops on idle. idle speed is also set to normal.

I'm bit worried every time i take the bike out thinking it might stall.

need little advise.? before i go back and check it with the mechanic

cheers

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

30.08.2017 14:36
#2 RE: Carburetor issue Antworten

Yes, it's normal!
Even with 30°C I pull the choke to start the engine. You will learn how to push it in while riding.

Mine is okay without choke after 1 km (in summer).

But when the Estrella is warm, the motor doesn't "die" at stops or doesn't "accelerate by itself"?
Then, the vents should be adjusted.
If it runs well after about 1 km, everything is fine!

zee Offline

Neuling

01.09.2017 06:28
#3 RE: Carburetor issue Antworten

thank you. i changed the main jet to 140, cleaned up the carbs today its running fine. but just noticed that fuel tap off line is cut off... have no idea why, but need to fix that fast.

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

01.09.2017 11:02
#4 RE: Carburetor issue Antworten

but just noticed that fuel tap off line is cut off... have no idea why, but need to fix that fast.

I don't understand what you mean.
Perhaps the tube (hose) that opens the tap, when the Carb is working, has come off .

zee Offline

Neuling

04.09.2017 16:41
#5 RE: Carburetor issue Antworten

looks ok for now. guys im not a technical savvy guy, but i love riding the bike just for pure pleasure, is there anything i should be ready for In terms of spares? it's almost 40,000km on the clock.

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

04.09.2017 19:45
#6 RE: Carburetor issue Antworten

Yes! Have a look at the chain, that powers the camshaft.
To control this chain You have to lift off the petrol-tank
and carefully take off the upper aluminum cover.
I hope, the chain doesn't touch the socket of the tightener yet.
Good luck!

edit: the cover on the left side!

zee Offline

Neuling

11.09.2017 11:01
#7 RE: Carburetor issue Antworten

oh boy... ill have a look. still haven't fixed the carb issue :( ill keep you guys updated. thanx again

«« Hand grip
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz