Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten
und wurde 673 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Technik
Mallcolm Mahesh Offline

Neuling

09.09.2021 06:08
Headlight don't get on when ignition key is turned. Antworten

Hi all,

Honestly I'm new to the estrella world and I'm from Srilanka, I got my self an old bike and started to restore and modify it. I recently noticed My estralla headlights does NOT turn on when I turn on my ignition key but it lights up soon as I press the self start and after that it stays on even if I cut off the engine and leave the key in on. Have you guys had any similar issues.

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

Ella Offline

Doppelsternchen

09.09.2021 17:37
#2 RE: Headlight don't get on when ignition key is turned. Antworten

Hi Mallcolm,
That sounds strange indeed.
However, we don't know the modifications to your motorcycle in order to suggest a solution to the problem.
There are many options.
Greetings to Srilanka

Rolf Gehrke Offline

Amateur

10.09.2021 17:38
#3 RE: Headlight don't get on when ignition key is turned. Antworten

what is about your battery...empty?

Ella Offline

Doppelsternchen

11.09.2021 13:16
#4 RE: Headlight don't get on when ignition key is turned. Antworten

maybe the alternator has ben connected to the headlight and the light switch shut down.
We can only guess ... without knowing the facts.

Mallcolm Mahesh Offline

Neuling

13.09.2021 07:12
#5 RE: Headlight don't get on when ignition key is turned. Antworten

@ella Thanks for the response, It's a stock version, as far as I can see there are no modifications, also if it's connected to the altenator shouldn't it turn off when I cut off the engine, coz after the first start the head light stays on when the key is in on position.

Mallcolm Mahesh Offline

Neuling

13.09.2021 07:14
#6 RE: Headlight don't get on when ignition key is turned. Antworten

@Rolf Gehrke since the self start and the signal light was working fine I didn't consider the battery. But I will try changing the battery as well.

Rolf Gehrke Offline

Amateur

13.09.2021 11:07
#7 RE: Headlight don't get on when ignition key is turned. Antworten

you are right....it is not probably the battery if the starter and so on works....mea culpa
is there a relais somewhere? which gets its current from the alternator and switches the headlight?

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

13.09.2021 17:23
#8 RE: Headlight don't get on when ignition key is turned. Antworten

It sounds strange, but I see no problem, if the headlight is switched on, as soon as the engine runs. And turns off, when yuo pull the key.

Norbritt Offline

Neuling

19.11.2021 21:42
#9 RE: Headlight don't get on when ignition key is turned. Antworten

Hi Mallcolm,
I aquireed a 1997 Estrella about five months ago and have noticed the same operation of the headlamp. I would suppose that the system is set up so that when you turn the ignition on there are no other electrical load on the battery when the starter is operated. I would suggest that the Japanese may have requirement that the headlamp is permanently 'ON' when the bike is being ridden rather like Sweden does in Europe.
Regards Norbritt.

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz