Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten
und wurde 1.550 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Maintenance & Technology
Tienno Offline

Neuling

14.10.2011 09:50
Bad fonctionnement Antworten

Hi, I'm an owner with recently BJ250 1999. After several tests carburetor adjustments the symptoms are as follows: idle is good but the problem is that the bike stops each time at deceleration. Thorough cleaning of the carburetor has yet been made. The garage think we need to change carburetor. What do you think?

Thanks,
Tienno (belgium),

You can also respond (in french if you can) via my email pinchart.etienne@gmail.com

schraeer Offline

Amateur

14.10.2011 10:33
#2 RE: Bad fonctionnement Antworten

The first measure would be to check the valve clearance. You should make sure that the clearance ist adjusted to the upper value of the possible range given by Kawasaki.
The inlet valve should be adjusted to 0,17 mm and the exhaust valve should have a clearance of 0,22 mm.
The valve clearance has amongst other a major influence on the behaviour when reducing rpm to idle.

Tienno Offline

Neuling

14.10.2011 10:53
#3 RE: Bad fonctionnement Antworten

Thank you for this information. Have you an idea about the cost for this check up? Is it a big works ?(nb hours) just for evoluate before demanding to do.

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

14.10.2011 15:15
#4 RE: Bad fonctionnement Antworten

Hi Tienno,

setting the valves at an Estrella is very easy as far as I have heard.
I atteched a pdf - only in German, sorry!
"Einlass" is "inlet" and "Auslass" is "outlet". The right setting is extremely important at an Estrella.

There is a little screw (marked as "B") at the carburretor. This should be 1 to 1.5 rotations out. At your model maybe up to 2 rotations? http://www.bj250.de/html/t13.html (only in German, too)

But if an Estrellas goes off at a traffic light (when it's already warm) or the motor wants to push the bike, you should always look at the valves first! I had problems with my Estrella for years - until I got these measurements and my garage (no kawasaki dealer) did the right setting. I wanted them to clean the carburretor too but after the new setting, there was no need to clean it.

Best regards
Andreas

Dateianlage:
Tipps-Ventilspiel.pdf
Tienno Offline

Neuling

14.10.2011 22:29
#5 RE: Bad fonctionnement Antworten

Hi Andreas,

Thank's for all these informations. I'll try it and tell you the result.I hope...
Good week,

A+

carburettor »»
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz