Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten
und wurde 957 mal aufgerufen
 Introducing Myself
Nuno Offline

Neuling

05.12.2014 12:11
Hi From Belgium Antworten

Hello,

My name is Nuno, I live in Belgium and bought the Estrella from PPont from this forum

From what we know it is the only one in this country and it got very positive reactions from people.

I accidently stubled upon the advert for the Estrella, knew what it was of having seen the pictures on the internet and just after saying to myself "what is this bike doing here ?" I picked up the phone because I knew I had to have it.

It is non-running for the moment, brakes are locked, it has got a nasty oil leak from the front chain sproket but I am busy with it and hope to get it on the road soon

Nuno

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

05.12.2014 12:46
#2 RE: Hi From Belgium Antworten

Hi Nuno,

there might be some red Estrellas BJ250C in Belgium.
There was a "Europe release" of the BJ250C in the France, Benelux in the late 1990s.

But your Estrella is a "German" BJ250A3 (1995).
In contrast to the 1994 A2, your Estrella has the carburetor heating (like the C models).
This should be unique in Belgium.

Have a lot of fun with your Estrella!
Andreas

Nuno Offline

Neuling

05.12.2014 19:14
#3 RE: Hi From Belgium Antworten

Thanks Andreas,

I'll keep an eye for other Estrellas but never saw another one over here.

Nuno

ppont Offline

Amateur

05.12.2014 19:36
#4 RE: Hi From Belgium Antworten

Kind Regards

Patrick

" Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. "

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

05.12.2014 22:31
#5 RE: Hi From Belgium Antworten

Hi Nuno!

Zitat
it has got a nasty oil leak from the front chain sproket

That sounds like an aftermarket-sprocket. They are too narrow on the engine-(inner)side.
You have to add a spacer washer about 2.5 mm thick between the gasket and the sprocket.
This Problem is quite common and often mentioned in this Forum. But in German ...
Have fun with your Estrella and first of all get it running!

Cheers
Soulie

Nuno Offline

Neuling

06.12.2014 13:59
#6 RE: Hi From Belgium Antworten

Nice, I quite like the chrome mudguards and the dual seat on that one from the advert.

For the sproket leak I took all the seals out and there is a spacer with 4 half circles in it, is this one standart ? Do I need to add one more 2.5mm spacer as well ?

Thanks

ppont Offline

Amateur

08.12.2014 11:13
#7 RE: Hi From Belgium Antworten

If I kept it it would eventually looked more like this http://flakesmotorcycle.com/2013/11/21/estrella/

I am a fan of (almost) fenderless bikes :-)

I would definitely keep the solo seat....

Kind Regards

Patrick

" Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. "

Nuno Offline

Neuling

12.12.2014 11:32
#8 RE: Hi From Belgium Antworten

Fenderless bikes can look great but you have to live in a very sunny place to have that ..or enjoy eating road dirt

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz