Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten
und wurde 2.456 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Maintenance & Technology
Sebastian Dobreanu Offline

Neuling

07.06.2016 16:16
Oil leaking fork Antworten

Hello,
I just bought one Kawasaki Estrellla from 94 with only 1000 km , the problem is the dust protection on front fork are very old and leaking oil , I don't know if I have to change only the dust protection and the oil or should I change all the o-rings ? The previous owner keep the motorcycle outside because he has a lot of rust ...from yours experience it's possible to change only the fork oil and the dust protection or shoul I make one fork service ?

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

07.06.2016 17:05
#2 RE: Oil leaking fork Antworten

Hi Sebastian,

I have never done this (in contrast to other forum members) ...
You have the service manual now ...
Don't know how much work it is or where the o-rings sit. But normally: Always change the o-rings. They only cost somes Cents / Euros but can cause a lot of trouble if too old ...

Neuling

07.06.2016 17:26
#3 RE: Oil leaking fork Antworten

I will order the o-ring set it's not expensive 12-13 euro only the problem is I never did it in my life if someone can tell me it's ok if I change only the dust protection and that will stop the oil leaking will save me a lot of work. Or maybe someone can give me more explanation about the procedure...

Neuling

07.06.2016 17:26
#4 RE: Oil leaking fork Antworten

I will order the o-ring set it's not expensive 12-13 euro only the problem is I never did it in my life if someone can tell me it's ok if I change only the dust protection and that will stop the oil leaking will save me a lot of work. Or maybe someone can give me more explanation about the procedure...

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

09.06.2016 17:06
#5 RE: Oil leaking fork Antworten

If the forks leak then you have to replace the O-rings.
The dust-protection is only for the look.

Cheers
Soulie

7ommy Offline

Neuling

21.08.2017 10:00
#6 RE: Oil leaking fork Antworten

Hi Guys,

I've got an 2002 Estrella and its forks have been leaking,
wondering if I could get my hands on a relevant service manual to figure out how much fork oil I'll need to put in after replacing the sealls?

Cheers,
Tom

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

21.08.2017 14:18
#7 RE: Oil leaking fork Antworten

Hi Tom,

You got mail ...

Tyres again »»
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz