Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 13 Antworten
und wurde 756 mal aufgerufen
 Plauderecke
nofacemonster Offline

Neuling

11.02.2020 08:02
Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

Today in the morning my Estrellas clutch cable broke from the middle...! i kept looking for a new clutch cable to buy but i can't find it anywhere in local shops. So i decided to get a custom cable made for the length of original.

When i have the clutch cable removed, i noticed that clutch arm on the engine side (Where cable connects to engine) moves back and forth on its own. Is this normal or is something wrong inside my engine?

Scharlachdorn Offline

Racetrellist

11.02.2020 16:15
#2 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

Hello,

that should be normal unless you pulled the shaft out by accident. Otherwise if the lever is pulled high enough the internal mechanism engages again and the clutch can be operated. Do no pull out the shaft since the sharp inner end can damage the seal ring.

Regards

SD

nofacemonster Offline

Neuling

11.02.2020 18:00
#3 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

Now, I'm a little worried because I did pull out the shaft accidentally but I didn't pull it out completely. Just a little bit, maybe an inch or two then I pushed it back inside. I didn't pull it out completely. Will that be alright? Tomorrow I'm getting my clutch cable back, I pray that everything will be alright.

Scharlachdorn Offline

Racetrellist

11.02.2020 19:58
#4 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

Since you just pulled it out a bit nothing could have damaged the seal.

Gruß

SD

nofacemonster Offline

Neuling

12.02.2020 08:21
#5 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

Sorry for the inconvenience. Now I just put in the new cable but the clutch doesn't get contacted inside. If I shift the gear the bike jumps as if the clutch is not held at all. Is there anyway I could put the clutch arm back in properly without removing the housing? please let me know. I am desperately waiting for your reply sir!.

Scharlachdorn Offline

Racetrellist

12.02.2020 11:33
#6 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

You need to re-engage the lever shaft. This only works if a dedicated slot on lever shaft 13106 is axially in line with head of puller shaft 46102 which sticks out of the clutch plate. Let lever head hang downwards a bit once axially alined. Now slowly turn clockwise (looking forward) - it should re-engage. The mechanism is robust. Don‘t think it can break.

The cover does not need to be removed. The above sequence is the normal process after having reinstalled the r/h engine cover.

Good luck.

nofacemonster Offline

Neuling

12.02.2020 12:00
#7 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

alright, I am going to try it, I have been unsuccessful so far. I really hope nothing is broken inside.

nofacemonster Offline

Neuling

12.02.2020 13:00
#8 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

I tried so many times but it never gets contacted, maybe something is wrong inside. Tomorrow I'm planning on taking it to a mechanic near my house. I pulled out the whole shaft just to see if something is broken. Somehow I can see some wastage near the grove, but not on the grove. I don't know why it is not getting contacted with the actuator. Could it be because of those wasted sections on the end?

Angefügte Bilder:
IMG_20200212_170029.jpg  
nofacemonster Offline

Neuling

12.02.2020 16:07
#9 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

I have a deep gut feeling that 46102 part is broken inside :(

Scharlachdorn Offline

Racetrellist

12.02.2020 19:37
#10 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

The puller shaft cannot break due to incorrect maintenance or error. It is too robust. The engaging corner of your 13106, the one with the slot looks a little worn but not to a critical extent yet.

nofacemonster Offline

Neuling

13.02.2020 03:26
#11 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

I tried hundreds of times so far, even in the morning. I completely understand the procedure, it latches on to something but then loses it.

nofacemonster Offline

Neuling

13.02.2020 10:03
#12 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

Bad bad bad omen. Exactly as i imagined. I went to a old bike yard and got the replacement part so now in the process of getting it fixed at mechanics place. I was lucky to find an old identical engine.

Angefügte Bilder:
IMG_20200213_143004.jpg  
Scharlachdorn Offline

Racetrellist

13.02.2020 13:39
#13 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

Congratulations!

You are probably the first one experiencing this kind of problem. And the pointed ends of the shaft suggest that it was “machined” to death. Sometime must have been totally wrong. Potentially there was zero play in the clutch lever for a long time.

Regards

SD

nofacemonster Offline

Neuling

13.02.2020 17:05
#14 RE: Clutch arm on the engine side moves on its own Antworten

I managed to get the whole thing in one day and I feel super lucky to get my bike up and running again under a matter of 24 hours. It is something super lucky where I live is a wasteland for Kawasaki Spare parts. I think this happened because I have latched the clutch arm in the wrong place and it grinded the head off like a lathe machine.

«« Oil cooler
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz