Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 5 Antworten
und wurde 2.123 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Non-Technical
Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

18.07.2005 18:52
The Kiwi Thread Antworten

Hi Claire,

searched the internet today. And what did I find?
A thread in a New Zealand motorbike forum where a girl from Wellington with an Estrella looks for other retro bikers! You can run but you can't hide!
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=13196

Haven't read the whole thread but it seems you have impressed many forum members with Hubert (name of her Estrella)! I hope you'll find some other retro bikers!
You should also look out for Royal Enfield riders because their bike is more comparable to the Estrella than a W650! Nearl the same max. speed and both look like 1950s bikes.
The W650 is much too powerful!
We always act like brake shoes when we ride with the W650s!

CU
Andreas

Claire Offline

Amateur

18.07.2005 23:05
#2 RE:The Kiwi Thread Antworten

That is so funny about the brake shoes. I know exactly what you mean.

C

Kiwis can fly!

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

19.07.2005 11:06
#3 RE:The Kiwi Thread Antworten

Hi,

just to quote some statements of NZ bikers about the Estrella:

"What a delightful motorcycle!"
"Awesome looking bike never seen one before and never knew they existed, how cool is that!"
"I didn't even know that model existed. I'm impressed. Very nice."
"Haven't seen an Estrella before - love the pic!"
"I always liked the older bikes - one day I will be able to start restoration projects - very nice bike you have, looks great!"
"A lot of german middle weights had that 'look' in the 50's. Looks a bit like a DKW RT250/350 twin."
"The future is retro baby!"
"I WANT ONE!!!!!"
"Hi there and welcome, excellent looking machine...."
"Ohhh, priddy. Me want."
"GREAT-looking bike!"

I think the resonance couldn't have been better!
Hubert must be riding around puffed up with pride!

CU
Andreas

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

21.07.2005 13:08
#4 RE:The Kiwi Thread Antworten

Hi Claire,

did you find / meet any other retro bikers?
Okay; it's winter in NZ now, but any contact?

CU
Andreas

Claire Offline

Amateur

21.07.2005 23:28
#5 RE:The Kiwi Thread Antworten

Hi Andreas

There seems to be some confusion about what retro means. Some think it is 70's and 80's.
I really just wanted to see what other "non-modern" looking bikes are out there.

Being winter here, there are not too many rides on at the moment. I missed the one I wanted to go in while I was in Fiji. I'm looking forward to summer so Hubert can be shown off on a more regular basis!

The Estrella is quite unique isn't it, doesn't quite fit with the old bikes (Don't know how the the Triumph and BSA pruists take to the EStrella) and not as fast as some of the new bikes.

What is the view of the purists in Germany?

C

Kiwis can fly!

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

21.07.2005 23:46
#6 RE:The Kiwi Thread Antworten

Hi Claire,

by German law every bike or car older than 25 years is an "oldtimer"!
You can get special number plates and the insurance is cheaper then (because not being used as a regular "working tool").
So, bikes from the 70s can be called retro today!
We are getting old!

Well; I sometimes call the Estrella a "Youngtimer".
At least: She (He) keeps the rider young at heart!

You should have looked for "british retro bikes". The British brands like Triumph or Enfield closed somewhen in the 70s or long before (does anyone know more precise?). But it will surely make a lot of fun to go for a ride with old and young Triumphs and Enflieds. Or a Machless, Vincent ... ?

Dirk the Duck and Michi had a nice experience! They went to an Oldtimer meeting with their Estrellas in the North of Germany. Only as spectators / guests. But the old fellow at the entrance told them to ride into the meeting as "oldtimers"! He said something like: "I know that they are no oldtimers, but it perfectly fits! Come in and join us!" They even received a "participation document"!
So, it fits perfect with German an English 50s bikes! Same look and speed!

You can see the document here:
http://www.bj250.de/html/t-oldtimer01.html
(The photo of Michi was taken at another tour)

The Estrella is unique in Germany too! Only 1.500 of about 2.000.000 bikes!

CU
Andreas

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz