Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten
und wurde 5.104 mal aufgerufen
 Introducing Myself
Stamatis Offline

Neuling

13.06.2021 14:27
Hello Everyone Antworten

Hello and thank you for such an interesting forum

My name is Stamatis (stam) and I live in Athens Greece.
Just put a deposit on a fourth hand Estrella 250 1998 model and waiting for it to be checked by a mechanic.

Attached is the link of the original ad of the bikeand from what I understand it has been taken care of from the previous owner.

I had many bikes in the past most of them big and fast ones, but as I grow older I rarely travel and my desire for speed has been fulfilled, so what better than a 250 lovely ride?

I really like the Estrella and I have to admit that I know very few things about it (i do not even know the valve clearance) but I am a backyard mechanic and I think that with some help I will make this one a like new shiny working bike.

My intention is to have it serviced and ticking like a clock and then paint it and maybe modify it a little myself.

I will keep a record of my progress in this forum and hope I get some help when needed.

Cheers everyone and ride safe

Angefügte Bilder:
4F3D59B8-B7D3-49DD-BA3A-B4EF3DC1D10B.png   5859BA18-0D4C-48EF-BEFC-F7837846F74E.png   616686F5-F510-4FD0-A73F-09A26D26B09D.png   96EEB0A7-F674-44FC-A998-A4844D5FA0FE.png   990F109B-FFC7-4EBD-A55A-55174DA4CB1C.png   A8F954CE-1E32-48DA-B256-C321A77F570C.png   E52B9F7D-2976-4732-B4CB-E03926B16E6A.png   F1887C32-E685-4E03-B0BC-FAA2510B7947.png  
Stamatis Offline

Neuling

13.06.2021 14:31
#2 RE: Hello Everyone Antworten

From what the ad says:

The machine is well maintained on a regular basis and in a stable workshop, it works without problems, it circulates almost daily inside-outside the city.
No rust on wings, wheels, exhaust and tank interior.
Tires, rk / jt sprockets (which remain fine), rear brake disc, changed 11 / '18 at 35.800km.
Pair of rear adjustable suspensions, saddle repair, camshaft chain, changed in '19.
Starter repair, check on valves and electrical, change of chain slide, oils, oil filter etc, 8 / '20.
No leaks, last oil change 1 / '21 at 44,600km.
The spokes are reinforced stainless steel, the front brake disc is good, various seals have been changed recently due to normal wear (gear shaft, starter, dead bubble, etc.).
New carburetor, properly adjusted, 4 / '20. There is also the previous keihin, it works without confusion even without repair.
Previous TUV 8 / '19 at 39,200km without remarks.

So I think I have a solid bike!

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

14.06.2021 09:53
#3 RE: Hello Everyone Antworten

Welcome here, Stam!
I hope you enjoy your downsizing, considering motorbikes.
Your Estrella has quite some kilometers on the display
and several repairs. I hope, she will work well and give no problems.
Watch the camshaft chain. This is a detail, of which the Kawa engineers
aren't proud of.
Most forum members like their Estrellas kept in the original version.
I'm one of the exceptions, since I'm too tall for the tiny bike.
Thats why I had to change a lot of things, mainly the seat and the pedals.
I'm curious, what's on your mind customizing your bike.

Cheers from Northern Italy
(during the winter months Hamburg / Germany)

Soulie

Soulie Offline

15.06.2021 10:26
#4 RE: Hello Everyone Antworten

Sorry, a little late ...

Zitat
Auslass: 0,22 mm (0,17 - 0,22) - Outlet
Einlass: 0,17 mm (0,12 - 0,17) - Inlet

Inlet: 15
Outlet:20

Both tight!
That means ~ 14 / 19 is perfect.

silvano Offline

Neuling

24.11.2021 15:48
#5 RE: Hello Everyone Antworten

Hi to everyone from Italy

Just a few days ago I finally got a '94 Estrella. I've been trying to get one for 25 years (that specific model - white / green). It seemed impossible! I tested that bike in Japan for a week in the mid-nineties and fell in love with it. I almost thought about giving up when unexpectedly I found one in southern Italy. Excellent condition, only 5,700 km, quite never used: it’s what I was looking for! It only needs a light setup as it has been quite never used. It is obviously the German 17 HP version, but It will go back immediately to its original power.

I have been in the motor business for forty years, especially in motorcycle racing. My first bike was a Motom 48C four-stroke, followed by a Mondial SS 50. I then moved on to the Aermacchi Aletta 125, the Aermacchi Ala Blu 250 and from there to many motorcycles, starting with the first Kawasaki 500 3 cylinders and Honda 750 Four K 0 till modern sport bikes. Over the years I own and ride a lot of mtc, almost always large sport and grand touring bike. At present I just own a scooter for Rome nightmare traffic and a fully modified Honda Bros / Hawkh GT 650 (720cc, race gearbox, Marchesini cams, etc ...) but which I no longer use. It's good just for fun on the track.
Now, over the years, with more and more chaotic traffic, tired to get speed tickets, I have decided to go back to the old days: a nice little single cylinder, ideal for the winding Italian roads. A motorcycle that finally allows you to enjoy the roads and what is around, without always having head behind a small fairing and stressing yourself while driving to avoid accidents at crazy speeds.
In the near future, I plan to make some changes to make the ride more suitable for my needs since the suspensions are too soft. It seems to drive a soft pudding… What I will do I will post here hoping it will be useful to some other enthusiast.
Thanks to Andreas for all the precious info I read here.

Soulie Offline

25.11.2021 09:51
#6 RE: Hello Everyone Antworten

Buongiorno Silvano!

Welcome here. Your English is much better than my Italian, that's why I stick to english.
Do you live in Rome? I spend the summer months (a bit more ~ 4 - 11) in Tremosine / Lake Garda.
And I feel the same - the little Estrella is perfect for the curvy italian roads.
I did change some details in order to ride comfortably, since I'm much too tall for the tiny bike.
Now it fits perfectly, and I enjoy every ride. There are two more bikes waiting for me.
A HONDA XBR 500, which has not been sold in Italy. And a Kawasaki W 650, a bit (too) heavy,
but with a nice engine and power at low revs.

Cheers / Buona serata!
Soulie (Hamburg)

silvano Offline

Neuling

26.11.2021 00:59
#7 RE: Hello Everyone Antworten

Buonasera Soulie!

yes, I live in Rome, but I have to tell you for all my envy about your Garda Lake life. Excellent choice!
I agree with the choice of the XBR 500, but I would opt for the GB 500, although very difficult to find.

On the next days the Estrella will be ready to ride. Before going on the roads It just need a be complete check/service as it did only 150 km on the last three years.

silvano

Soulie Offline

26.11.2021 10:01
#8 RE: Hello Everyone Antworten

Yes, the GB 500 is an eyecatcher. I used to have one, but not in good condition. That's why I sold it.
Prices for the GB are ridiculous at the moment.
My motorbike season has ended für this year. Too wet and too cold here up north.
Although I have a second XBR here. I hate the winter months in Hamburg,
but in Tremosine I cannot windsurf (too cold), ride motorbikes or road bike.
And there's only a stufa to heat the house.

Bondi
Soulie

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz