Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 5 Antworten
und wurde 1.215 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Maintenance & Technology
chief Offline

Neuling

14.07.2006 01:24
ESTRELLA IGNITION TIMING Antworten

Do anyone know the ignition timing and valve setting specifications for the Estrella?
I recently purchased a 1994 Estrella for $1200 US in Tokyo.

I am an American in Japan and can assist anyone in obtaining parts.

Dirk the duck Offline

Doppelsternchen

14.07.2006 05:53
#2 RE: ESTRELLA IGNITION TIMING Antworten
Good Morning to Japan.

Can't tell anything about the ignition-timing, as far as I know, it's electronic cotrolled and nobody in this forum did have any problems with it since now.
Up to now most problems with the ignition could be remedied with changing or cleaning the spark plug, cleaning the air filter and adjust valve clearance.

At the spark top dead center the outlet valve should have a valve clearance between 0,12 and 0,17 mm, the inlet valve between 0,17 and 0,22 mm. On my Estrellas I adjust the outlet valve at 0,15 and the inlet at 0,20 mm and both of them run proper.

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

14.07.2006 10:03
#3 RE: ESTRELLA IGNITION TIMING Antworten

Hello Chief

and ly welcome to our forum!

I think Dirk already reported everything we can say about these items.
Do you have any direct problems or was it just for regular maintenance?
If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Hope you enjoy your Estrella! Is it a green or a red one? Photos welcomed!
Great! Now we have Estrellas or Estrellas owners from all5 continents of the world!

CU
Andreas

chief Offline

Neuling

15.07.2006 14:06
#4 RE: ESTRELLA IGNITION TIMING Antworten

I will ask the dealer for the info, I want to do a valve job and replace the timing chain.
My estrella is green but will soon be white, fenders, headlight gastank and side panels, The green paint is very bad from age. I will post pictures of the repair work.

chief Offline

Neuling

15.07.2006 14:07
#5 RE: ESTRELLA IGNITION TIMING Antworten

I will ask the dealer for the info, I want to do a valve job and replace the timing chain.
My estrella is green but will soon be white, fenders, headlight gastank and side panels, The green paint is very bad from age. I will post pictures of the repair work.

chief Offline

Neuling

15.07.2006 14:07
#6 RE: ESTRELLA IGNITION TIMING Antworten

Petrol Tank »»
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz