Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 10 Antworten
und wurde 1.370 mal aufgerufen
 Introducing Myself
Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

26.09.2006 21:02
Welcome Dubai! Antworten

Hello Philip,

Greetings to Dubai!
The Estrella seems to be spread all over the world!
Hope you join our Forum!

CU
Andreas

Philip ( Gast )
05.10.2006 17:50
#2 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten

Hi Andreas and everyone, from Dubai!

I am happy to say my BJ 250 is enjoying exploring the deserts and wadis of the United Arab Emirates. In the heat of the summer the temperature rises to 40+ C, but the Estrella finds it no problem.

One question, does anyon know if using 10-40 oil as specified makes any difference compared to using Castrol GTX 20 - 50, which is the only greade I can get out here/

Regards to all, and thanks to Andreas for a great website.

Philip

Dirk the duck Offline

Doppelsternchen

05.10.2006 18:10
#3 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten
It would be helpful, if you could tell us the specifikation. I can't find something about GTX 20 50. Guess, it means 20-W 50?

That would be a great oil for the temperatures in Dubai, better than 10-W 40.

The french ant ( Gast )
11.10.2006 21:48
#4 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten

Hi Philip,

Great, a new Estrella owner on the forum!

Tell us more about your bike : where did you find it, how it looks...

Gast
13.10.2006 08:16
#5 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten
Hi from Dubai

I'm having a little problem with posting and sending these replies. Andreas, is it possible for you to put the boxes below ('beitrag speichem' 'voransicht' 'datei anhangen') in english as well as german, so that I can navigate around more easily. How do I send this?

Also Andreas, thanks SO much for the CD I received yesterday.

To the french ant: Well, I've had my 1999 Estrella now for about 18 months; I think it's the only one in Dubai, and maybe the middle east. Andreas kindly posted some picture of it on this site. I brought for 2,000 dirhams. which is about 400 euros, so I think it was a very good deal. I thas 27,000 kms on the clock, and I try and change the oil and filter every 2000 kms approx. I found the bike in an old shop in Dubai, a direct import from Japan, nobody wanted it here...everyone likes new sports bikes! They don't know waht they are missing!

Dirk, thanks for your tip about the 20-50; I will keep using it, it is made by Castrol GTX. Have any of you used synthetic oils on your Estrellas? There is an oil made by Castrol called Magnatec, which is semi-synthetic, and supposed to be very good.

Bye for now

Philip

Dirk the duck Offline

Doppelsternchen

13.10.2006 09:09
#6 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten
Hello Philip,

I know some people, who tried it with synthetic oil and semi-synthetic oil in the Estrella's engine.

All of them reported (as a well known problem generally with most older bikes) about problems with the clutch slipping with the synthetic oil. One of them told me, that the synthetic oil is aggressive, he had to change the clutch slices (or is the right word disks?).

So I recommend ordinary mineral oil, for Dubai 20-W50 up to 20-W60.

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

13.10.2006 20:15
#7 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten

Hi Phil,

I agree with Dirk that ordinary oil is better for the Estrella than synthetic oil.

By the way; I sent you the Forum Users Manual with some short comments. Hope it will work.

CU
Andreas

Claire Offline

Amateur

15.10.2006 00:40
#8 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten

Hi Philip

An Estrella found in Dubai, how very cool.

I have seen the photos and your bike and it looks lovely. Estrellas have never been imported here in NZ by Kawasaki but people seem to love the look of Hubert. There are a few W650's but not many, mainly sports bikes and cruisers over here.

Happy riding

C

Kiwis can fly!

The French Ant Offline

Neuling

20.10.2006 22:42
#9 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten

Hi,

Philip, good choice you made, and a very cheap price !

I did not find the pictures on the site (Andreas?)

Concerning the oil: why do you change it so often? Is it because of the heat in Dubay, or simply because more often you change it, longer will be the life of the engine?

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

20.10.2006 22:51
#10 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten

The Dubai pictures?

Here is the englih version: http://www.kawasaki-estrella.com/html/i-dubai.html
(Global > Asia > Dubai)

CU
Andreas

The French Ant Offline

Neuling

20.10.2006 23:56
#11 RE: Welcome Dubai! Antworten

Thanks Andreas!

Sorry, I did not search this way... Is Dubai really in Asia ?

So, I have also the answer to my question to Philip about oil...

Philip, your Estrella is very nice ! I like the details : saddle and pillion (which seem to be in old leather), drum brakes, headlight housing in red, bellows...

Very nice!

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz