Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 5 Antworten
und wurde 1.485 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Maintenance & Technology
Claire Offline

Amateur

25.07.2005 02:29
Rear seat Antworten

Hi

My bike (a BJ250A2) has a home made rear seat. Is there a structural difference between my bike and the next model that came out with the factory rear seat? I mean is there something going on under the seat/rear mudguard that allows for the additional weight of a pillion on the later model. Or are they exactly the same.

I notice that there is a weight warning on my bike for not more than 5kg on the carrier, so I'm wondering how safe it is to carry an adult on my dinky wee seat.

I look forward to your thoughts.

C
Kiwis can fly!

Dirk the duck Offline

Doppelsternchen

25.07.2005 06:07
#2 RE:Rear seat Antworten

Well, there is no strenghtening (hope, it's the rigth word for it) in the structur. The frame is a little bit different: for the second seat they had to add the holders für the rear footrests. Another difference: The construcors used dampers without a compensation reservoir. But even that was only an optical advancement. The damper springs are the same as the springs on the A-version.

In Germany it is possible to add the pillion seat and the rear foot rests, drive to a surveyor and they overall weight is increased to 316 kg without any other measures.

Claire Offline

Amateur

25.07.2005 10:26
#3 RE:Rear seat Antworten

Thanks Dirk

That is great news

Now I will have to scroll through the Japanese Yahoo site that Cadfael suggested and maybe find a proper seat. I'm also after a couple of fork covers as my forks have a couple of tiny rust spots. I live right on the coast so rust is a real issue for cars and bikes for me. I give the bike a liberal coating of CRC (silicon spray) regularly to try and keep any moisture out.

Thanks again.

C

Kiwis can fly!

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

25.07.2005 12:01
#4 RE:Rear seat Antworten

Hi Dirk,

you are mostly right!

The Japanese B and D version frame has always been constructed for 2 person use. Only the German A was for single use - without rear footrest (as you wrote).
Japan already changed the shock absorbers / springs in 1995 together with the introduction of the C version. The old shock absorbers (Japan 92-94) were the same like in our A versions (94-95).

A good question how you alter / change the Estrella papers in New Zealand, so that the Estrella is allowed for two person use with up to 316kg! Would the NZ authorities contact the German authorities because the bike came from Germany and was only available in Germany in that version???

CU
Andreas

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

26.07.2005 01:48
#5 RE:Rear seat Antworten

Hi Claire,

on these pictures you can see how the original rear seat is fastened onto the Estrella.
You need a special plate which is screwed onto the Estrella - instead of the "grill" ...

Claire Offline

Amateur

26.07.2005 02:29
#6 RE:Rear seat Antworten

Hi Andreas

Thanks for that, I will see what it costs to import one and also see if my friend could get me a plate and rear seat on his next trip to Japan. I don't suppose you know the part numbers do you?

Thanks

C

Kiwis can fly!

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz