Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 2 Antworten
und wurde 1.733 mal aufgerufen
 Off Topic
Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

06.09.2005 20:27
Lovetrain to Middlemarch Antworten

Hi Claire,

There was a broadcast on TV today.
About the "Lovetrain to Middlemarch"!

I heard there aren't enough male singles in New Zealand / on the North Island?
So women from the North Island take the "Lovetrain to Middlemarch" on the South island to find a husband? Mainly lonely farmers?

Well; about 50 years ago there weren't enough women in New Zealand! I know this because I saw reports about German women who emigarted from Germany ...

CU
Andreas

Claire Offline

Amateur

06.09.2005 23:35
#2 RE: Lovetrain to Middlemarch Antworten

Isn't it amazing the stuff that makes it onto TV!

Yes I have heard about this Middlemarch lovetrain. The women go down on the train and then there is a big party. Looks like a lot of fun

There are less than 1 million peole in the entire South Island so it's no wonder they run out of women now and then! If you like minimal traffic (and people), spectacular scenery and great roads, then the South Isalnd of NZ is for you! My partner comes from down there so we go to see the in laws annually, and I love it.

We had an article here about some political party in Germany that held a beer drinking contest. Sorry I don't recall all the details but it definately had something to do with drinking the most beer. That too sounds like a lot of fun Perhaps you could give me the details.

C

Kiwis can fly!

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

07.09.2005 06:16
#3 RE: Lovetrain to Middlemarch Antworten

Kia Ora Claire,

1 million people on the South Island, but more than 3 million sheep!

In Antwort auf:
The women go down on the train and then there is a big party. Looks like a lot of fun

Looked more like a lot of mud! Final result (they said on TV): 300 pairs of ruined women shoes!

In Antwort auf:
We had an article here about some political party in Germany that held a beer drinking contest.

Haven't heard of this. What a shame!
A good reason to vote for them!

Maybe someone else has heard of this contest?!

The German word for polling station is "Wahllokal". If you translate it 1:1 it would be "voting pub".
Don't know the origin of the word. May come from the latin word "Location". Or because in former times many polling stations were in pubs. Nowadays many polling stations already have voting computers and they are situated in schools, youth centres and town halls.
In many cities of the Lower Rhine area they still use paper ballots. In Dortmund they already have these voting computers. It's a shame that the computers have no "random button"!

CU
Andreas

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz