Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 10 Antworten
und wurde 2.207 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Maintenance & Technology
Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

15.07.2005 08:43
Tyres Antworten

Hi Claire,

have you already changed your tyres?
Did you choose the BT45? I think they are the best tyres available for the Estrella!

CU
Andreas

Gast
17.07.2005 02:30
#2 RE:Tyres Antworten

Hi Andreas

No not yet, but soon. Just paying off the trip to Fiji then next on the list.

Claire

tranquille ( Gast )
01.08.2005 00:52
#3 RE:Tyres Antworten

hi,

Andreas it's right. BT45 it's the best tyre for estrella. 11 000 km no problem !

tranquille

Paris

2012 the game is over

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

18.11.2005 22:00
#4 RE: RE:Tyres Antworten

Hi Claire,

does Hubert wear new tyres now? How are they? How do they feel?
Do you notice any difference to the Accolades?

CU
Andreas

Claire Offline

Amateur

20.11.2005 01:32
#5 RE: RE:Tyres Antworten

Hi Andreas

Yes the new tyres are on. I took Hubert for a really good ride on Friday to get rid of the slippery stuff and then tested them a bit on the way home and they were great.

Definately an improvement on the Accolades.

Hey has "The Worlds Fastest Indian" made it to Germany yet? If it does you really must see it.

C

Kiwis can fly!

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

04.12.2005 11:18
#6 RE: RE:Tyres Antworten

Hi Claire,

and? How are the BT45?
Could you notice a difference between the old and the new tyres?
Or does it feel the same?

CU
Andreas

Claire Offline

Amateur

05.12.2005 01:56
#7 RE: RE:Tyres Antworten

Yes they do feel better. Although that could be because I was terrified the old Accolades were going to let go at any minute

C
Kiwis can fly!

The french ant ( Gast )
03.10.2006 22:08
#8 RE: RE:Tyres Antworten

Hi,

I am going to change the tyres also.

Both are 9 years old... and the rear one is dead (5000 kms, at the limit when I bought the Estrela, 6500 now, really dead in the middle). Autumn, with its rain, is really here now, so I must change it!
Is it normal, only 6000kms?

I do not know yet if I will choose the BT 45 or keep the original Accolades. I understand that the BT45 are better, but the Accolades have a better "look" for Estrella old style...

silvano Offline

Neuling

27.11.2021 02:41
#9 RE: Tyres Antworten

New life for an old post

First thing to do on my new 1994 Estrella has been tires replacement. The bike I bought has still the 25 year old originals (two pieces of glass ... to throw away) but I find that replacing them is a very hard. a) original sizes hard to find, almost impossible. b) at present problems with tire availability due to the logistic international crisis. c) hard to find tires that respect the original diameter in order not to modify bike dimensions (trail, etc...) and final gear ratios.

This is the solution I found. It is a slight illegal, but luckily in Italy it is not such an important problem ...
The stock Bridgestone Accolades have a diameter of 619mm at the front, and 628mm at the rear. Finding two tires that are almost identical in size is quite impossible. Furthermore, the choice is restricted by rim size: many new tires ask for a wider rim, main at the rear.

Bridgestone BT 45, which seems to be the most reliable solution has these problems: out of production from more than 3 years, so you find just old tires.
BT 46 is good, they offer a front 90/90-18 620mm diameter for rim 1,85” (perfect), but the problem is at the rear. Bridgestone have a 120/80 (624mm) or a 130/90 (639mm) both for rim minimum size 2,50” and only tube type. Anyway no way to find the available rear size product.

After a long search between suitable sizes, product availability, tires that were good in pairs, quality and performance, I finally found the solution, at least for me: the excellent Avon RoadRider mk.II.
The front is like the original a 90/90-18 and has a diameter of 619mm, at the rear a 120/80 with a diameter of 629mm. The only problem at the rear is the rim width. For the Avon there is a 2.50 ", that of the Estrella is a 2.15, but when the tire is mounted it has been seen that the profile remains acceptable, even on the narrowest rim.
On the next months I’ll inform forum about my experiences with these tires.

Lambrella Offline

Sternchen

27.11.2021 20:15
#10 RE: Tyres Antworten

Welcome Silvano,
Thank you for your detailed Information. I will be careful with my 45s - I think they are from 2015 but really good. I am lucky that it is so easy to find 8-Inch tyres for my Lambretta.
Have a good ride
Roger

silvano Offline

Neuling

11.03.2023 02:23
#11 RE: Tyres Antworten

After 6.000 km with the Avon Road Rider Mk II tires I can testify they are an excellent choice.I say ideal at least for me. Handling has improved a lot. Cornering is instantaneous, you can enter a corner with brakes quite till apex point. The safety that the bike gives is always excellent, the front is solid and goes where you want it goes. Above all, you enjoy excellent the balance, it feels like riding a sports bike despite the set up is not yet optimal, as I mount a pair of Wirth springs at the front but I still have the old shock absorbers on the rear of which only the spring works after 25 years, hydraulic is dead....
Virtually zero rubber consumption. Good wet performance.

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz