Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten
und wurde 1.025 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Maintenance & Technology
Claire Offline

Amateur

09.10.2005 09:18
Speedo problem (screws) Antworten
Kia Ora

Went out today for a charity ride with a bunch of other riders and about 50kms into the ride my speedo cable fell off So for the rest of the ride I had no idea how fast I was going.

When I got home I managed to screw it back into place but I am surprised that it could just fall off like that. Has this happened to anyone else?

Claire
Kiwis can fly!

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

09.10.2005 09:29
#2 RE: Speedo problem Antworten
Kia Ora and Hallo Claire,

not the speedo cable, but both screws of my "indicator and horn panel" fell off!

I luckily was on the way back from a tour. So, I had cables with me to fasten them until I got home. It is normal that vibrations loosen the screws!

But I think we are lucky with our Estrellas!
Imagine you'd ride a Harley!
They know why they called it "Harley Owners Club" and not "Harley Riders Club"!

CU
Andreas

Dünnling Offline

Doppelsternchen

13.10.2005 10:18
#3 RE: Speedo problem Antworten

Loosing Screws or other minor parts is a common problem among Estrellas. Just remember to check all screws from time to time.
Thank god my speedo-cable is still in place, but I already lost screws from footrest an sicecovers (twice!).

Claire Offline

Amateur

13.10.2005 11:20
#4 RE: Speedo problem Antworten

Thanks for the hint.

Hey speaking about the side panel screws, mine are in a bad way. The guy that had the bike before me has used the wrong size screwdriver by the looks of things and the screws are well "screwed". The tops of the screws are so rough that I ripped my jeans on one of them.

Do I have to get special Estrella side panel screws or do you know of any other types that would fit.

Ta

Kiwis can fly!

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

13.10.2005 14:15
#5 RE: Speedo problem Antworten

Hi Claire,

I think Hubert's first owner just used the tolls that were on board.
The screws aren't the best and the tools are even worse.

It's very easy in continental Europe to get fitting screws because they are metric.
Should be "M8" screws - which means a diameter of 8mm (=millimeters) and a pitch of 1.25mm. It might only become a problem to get screws with such a head.

In NZ most screws follow the funny English system I suppose? 62/97 ...
At least a Kawasaki, BMW or (modern) Triumph dealer should help you because all those motorcycles use the metric system. But maybe you find some in a "do-it-yourself-store".
Take one screw with you. Should be M8.

CU
Andreas

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz