Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 12 Antworten
und wurde 1.213 mal aufgerufen
 Introducing Myself
Syko Offline

Neuling

03.06.2020 22:18
New Guy Antworten

Hi. I'm Paul from Nottingham England.
I bought what I believed to be a 2000 BJ250-D5 in September 2019 with the black and red tank. I spotted it whilst on a tour of Cornwall and fell in love with it. So bought it on the spot with just a very short test ride. In General it's in great condition and seems to have been looked after. The only problems being the inside of the tank was rotten. Probably due to standing for a long time. I've since spent a small fortune having the tank refurbished. And now it is a lovely mat grey primer. But it does mean I've finally managed to ride it and love it. Surprising how much go it's got in it. I normally ride a 1200 Harley Sportster.
The only problem it has now is a slight slipping clutch which is adjusted to the max. So that's the next job to do. Which brings me to this forum. Like most I see here. I'm in search of a manual. I roughly know how to replace the clutch plates by watching Ytube. But I could still use a manual for pictures of the parts involved.
Can anyone help at all. I would be very grateful.
Thank you and hope to speak to you all soon 😉

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

03.06.2020 22:32
#2 RE: New Guy Antworten

Hi Syko and welcome here!

I know the problem of corrosion in the gasolene tank. It was a lot of work to clean the inside and coat the inner walls.
Fortunaltely I never had problems with the clutch, that's why I can't help you in that matter.
I'm sure Cadfael will send you a manual.

Cheers
Soulie

www.rennradsattel-sattelmax.de
info@rennradsattel-sattelmax.de

Syko Offline

Neuling

05.06.2020 15:58
#3 RE: New Guy Antworten

Hi Soulie.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the tank was a problem. I did clean it out with Evaporust solution. But that just revealed how bad it was.So I sent the tank off to be stripped braised and then sealed inside. But all good now. Just needs repainting when funds permit.

I'd appreciate any help with a manual from anyone. Even if it's in another language. Pictures can be all you need for guidance.

Please forgive me with how I communicate on this forum. I'm not that good with them. I'm not that good with computers and generally find Facebook groups a little easier. Plus with this forum being in German. Trying to convert it into English can be a bit tricky. Hope you all understand.

Thanks Syko.

Lambrella Offline

Sternchen

05.06.2020 21:46
#4 RE: New Guy Antworten

Syko,
If there is a concrete problem of interpreting from Gernan to English, I might be able to help. I have had to do some technical stuff for a friend, so send me lines that are turned into funny English by Google etc.
I remember Nottingham well from a day when we were invited into the house of a driver we met when hitchhiking in the 80s. There was a great bikers‘ pub in a really old building.
Roger

Sula Offline

Sternchen

06.06.2020 11:11
#5 RE: New Guy Antworten

Welcome Syko,
Nottingham? I remember a Story about a guy living in Sherwood Forest with bis Gang 😉

Gruß Sula 🏍

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

07.06.2020 12:37
#6 RE: New Guy Antworten

Zitat von Lambrella im Beitrag #4
I remember Nottingham well from a day when we were invited into the house of a driver we met when hitchhiking in the 80s.

It must have been 1960, when I passed through, hitchhiking like Lambrella, after picking raspberries in Arbroath / Scotland. On my way back to Germany, accompanied by an english girl. Since we had practically no money we slept in a prison. Separately, of course. It was quite an experience! Wooden bench, no matrass. But cheap!
The next night we spent in Oxford, in the house of Edgar Wallace's daughter.

www.rennradsattel-sattelmax.de
info@rennradsattel-sattelmax.de

Syko Offline

Neuling

08.06.2020 13:30
#7 RE: New Guy Antworten

Hi Lambrella.
Thanks for the offer of help with translations. Google does translate one minute. But then you change page and it reverts back to German. But I'm slowly muddling through. I may even learn some German .
I've been living in Nottingham since 1997. Nice town even though it's a city. I wouldn't know the biker pub from the 80's. But I'm told my local across the road from me used to be a bikers pub back then. It is old but doesn't rely look it. The other rely old pub that bikers used to go to is the oldest pub in England under the castle. It's called the Old Trip To Jerusalem. Very touristy now but still a nice old pub. If you ever get this way. I'll show you around.

Syko Offline

Neuling

08.06.2020 13:32
#8 RE: New Guy Antworten

Hi Sula.

That old fellow is still around. Getting on a bit now.

Syko Offline

Neuling

08.06.2020 13:33
#9 RE: New Guy Antworten

Hi Soulie

Jeeeeezz that's a long trip on a scooter. Did it breakdown much ?

Lambrella Offline

Sternchen

08.06.2020 15:48
#10 RE: New Guy Antworten

Hi Syko, I think you misunderstood Soulie there. My Name here is lambrella because I own a 1953 Lambretta, too. He was hitchhiking like me, which was a nice way of travelling then. And i think the castle pub is the one I mean.
Roger

Lambrella Offline

Sternchen

08.06.2020 15:53
#11 RE: New Guy Antworten

...but you can go far on scooters!
In 1979 two friends and I went to Paris, 800km each way. The scooters were 50cc only and about 15 years old.

Syko Offline

Neuling

10.06.2020 12:26
#12 RE: New Guy Antworten

Hi Lambrella.
Sorry if I got you mixed up with Soulie. And I wasn't being negative about your scootering. I'm very impressed with your adventures on your scooter. I had one a while ago myself. But only for short journeys. My friends have scooters. In England they have a bit of a reputation for breaking down a lot. Which everyone takes as a bit of comedy.

Just as a Forum question. If I have any technical questions from now on. Do I use the technical page ?

Cheers Syko.

Lambrella Offline

Sternchen

11.06.2020 14:17
#13 RE: New Guy Antworten

Yes, and I noticed you already used the technology corner and got an answer. No, I don‘t think you were being negative.
I read a lot here at the moment because just like you I‘m working on my newly bought 94 Estrella. I hope the problems won‘t go as far as yours. The bike had one owner for twenty years, he is 80 now and he didn‘t think much of maintenance and cleaning, but the price was okay and it was just around the corner. I could even walk to collect it!
Scootering in Britain is , or rather was different from here, I think. I love „Quadrophenia“; in our country scooters in the sixties were mostly cheaper transport than cars. One type, the Heinkel, has always had great clubs, and at meetings there is always a group of men getting older with their machines.
Oh I just realise my iPad is learning English, wonderful, so I don’t have to change words all the time.
Good luck with your project
Roger

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz