Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 14 Antworten
und wurde 983 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Technik
Dinah Offline

Amateur

20.08.2020 23:29
Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Ihr Lieben,

nachdem es bei mir seit neuestem klappert und scheppert und ich nächste Woche mit dem Sternchen in den Urlaub fahren will , habe ich mir mal die Steuerkette angeschaut und befürchte, dass dort das Problem liegt. Ich habe mir alle 273546 Threads zu dem Thema durchgelesen und beschlossen, die Kette vor dem Urlaub noch zu wechseln (in der Hoffnung, dass ich das Teil so schnell organisiert kriege). Nun frage ich mich allerdings: reicht es, die Kette zu wechseln oder müssen auch die Führungsschienen neu gemacht werden? Ich hab dazu keine Infos gefunden. Und blöderweise auch keine Bilder gemacht. Die Kette schubbert leicht an der Aufnahme des Kettenspanners und es sind Kratzspuren zu sehen. Das Sternchen hat knapp 37.000 km.
Muss der Kettenspanner ebenfalls neu gemacht werden? Der schaut eigentlich ganz anständig aus …
Es gibt nicht zufälligerweise im Stuttgarter Raum einen Steuerkettencrack, der das schon tausendmal gemacht hat?

Danke auf jeden Fall schon mal für jeglichen Input!

Liebe Grüße & schönen Abend,

Dinah

Soulie Offline

Der Laminator und Sattel-Max

21.08.2020 22:32
#2 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Ich hab immer nur die Kette erneuert.
Verkehrt ist es sicher nicht, auch die Führungsschienen auszuwechseln.
Bei deiner Ella wird bereits die zweite Steuerkette drin sein, vermute ich mal ganz stark.
Allerdings verschleißen sie ganz unterschiedlich, aber ich denke, so etwa 20.000 sind ein Mittelwert.
Den Spanner würde ich drin lassen.

www.rennradsattel-sattelmax.de
info@rennradsattel-sattelmax.de

alexxmueller Offline

Halbsternchen

23.08.2020 18:06
#3 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

hallo, dinah!

bei 35ooo km die steuerkette das erste mal gewechselt, es war noch 1 mm luft, original kawa ersatzteil,
keine weiteren teile gewechselt, danach war wieder 6,5 mm luft, bin zufrieden bis auf den preis, etwa 450 eur.

viel erfolg,
alex

Dinah Offline

Amateur

24.08.2020 10:53
#4 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Danke, Jungs, für Eure Erfahrungswerte!
Tatsächlich ist es, soweit ich weiß, noch die erste Steuerkette.
Hab mein Sternchen ja schon seit 2004 und hatte sie damals mit 8.000 km gekauft - da ist vermutlich nix gewechselt worden.
Naja, manchmal hat man halt Glück .
Die Schieber sind zwar etwas angemackt, aber ich versuche jetzt mal, nur die Kette zu wechseln. Es waren so schnell leider auch nicht alle Teile aufzutreiben ...
Wird ne Herausforderung - die Kette soll am Mittwoch geliefert werden und am Freitag geht´s - so Gott will - mitsamt Sternchen nach Bella Italia (allerdings im Transporter).
Einbau mit kundiger Hilfe dann also in einer Nacht-und-Nebel-Aktion am Mittwoch oder Donnerstag. Ächz.
Naja, das wird schon … haltet mir die Daumen!

Liebe Grüße aus Stuttgart,
Dinah

Norbritt Offline

Neuling

04.08.2022 22:12
#5 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Hi All,
Interested in the timing chain replacement issue. A new chain would seem to come as you would expect in one piece; having not yet looked under the timing chain covers and not having a workshop manual how is the chain engaged around the bottom sprocket?

Regards Norbitt

Soulie Offline

05.08.2022 08:55
#6 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Hi Norbritt,

yes, the chain comes in one piece, or rather closed.
There are experts here, who write, that they were able
to fit the chain around the bottom sprocket.
I never checked,how this is possible. I had to
unscrew and remove the sprocket.
You can look and read, how, and what you need,
but unfortunately in German. But the Google translation
has improved a great deal.

Norbritt Offline

Neuling

05.08.2022 22:16
#7 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Hi,
Thanks for the reply I am still curious as to how you reach the bottom sprocket I assume it is under the left hand crankcase cover, does it require removal of the generator rotor? I doubt I will need to change the chain yet as the bike has done 23000kms but I get the impression that nothing runs to very high kilometers on the Ester. By the way the sprocket change seems to be successful, no oil leaks and on one of my recent 500km runs it was nice to cruise at 90kph without feeling the poor old Belle was straining herself. I have also discovered that what I call a 'chain slider' is actually listed as a 'chain guard' on the parts diagram. A bit expensive too at approx 45 euros and it rather looks as if you might have to drop the swinging arm to fit it, a bit off for an item that will obviously need regular replacement.

Regards Norbritt

Soulie Offline

06.08.2022 12:18
#8 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Take off the chain cover and look, if the chain has to be replaced!

Norbritt Offline

Neuling

10.08.2022 17:51
#9 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Hi Souli
Thanks for the comment. The impression given is that removing the two chain covers will reveal the chain, so far I have not had a chance to remove the top cover over the sprocket but the lower one reveals just the rubber damper and the cylinder wall. As far as I can see so far changing a timing chain is an engine out split the crankcase job not something I would tackle without a proper workshop manual.
On a lighter note I have discovered a picture of my Star when a member called Gary first imported it. It looks a bit better now and it is certainly going well but I suspect the indicated kms are rather more than the odometer indicates as she does burn a little oil I have noticed still I really do enjoy riding her.
Regards
Norbritt

Soulie Offline

10.08.2022 18:16
#10 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Yes, you have to remove the upper cover.The lower one stays untouched.
The chain control is important. Maybe you're lucky, and there's still
space between chain and socket. It's a matter of five minutes.
O.K. maybe 10 ...

Norbritt Offline

Neuling

10.08.2022 22:26
#11 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Hi Souli,
Yes thanks for confirming that I will probbably take a look tomorrow.

Regards Norbritt

Norbritt Offline

Neuling

14.08.2022 17:53
#12 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Hi Soulie,
Checked timing chain, it is worn out. After removing crankcase side cover and with difficulty undoing the generator retaining bolt I discover you need a very specific extractor to remove the generator rotor and I assume the starter sprocket comes off with it. I have ordered an extractor that I think might work but I know from previous experience on other bikes that these things can be a complete pain to get off. It looks as if I will need about 170 euros worth of spares from CMS which I suppose is not too bad. I may just re-assemble the bike anyway and part exchange it for something else though it would be a shame as it goes well.

Regards Norbritt

Soulie Offline

14.08.2022 19:24
#13 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

I'm not surprised. This construction is a pain!
I took pictures, when I changed the chain, but unfortunately I don't find the thread any more.
I did not need an extractor, as far as I recall. Just a fat screw with a narrow thread.
1 € item, where they repair trucks. I could show you a picture, but right now I can't move
because of a broken bone on my right leg.

Norbritt Offline

Neuling

15.08.2022 22:05
#14 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Hi Soulie,
My sympathy for your broken leg and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Your right about the method of attaching the flywheel, most engines at least have a center spindle to brace against but Kawasaki have to be different.
People used to mock the old British Villiers 2 stroke engine but one thing it did have was a self extracting magneto flywheel - good thing too as you seemed to spend
quite a bit of time adjusting the contact breaker points.
Regards
Norbritt

Soulie Offline

16.08.2022 09:13
#15 RE: Steuerkettenfragen Antworten

Hi Norbritt,
this leg in plaster spoils my summer completely. No bikes, no motorbikes, no windsurfing, not even a step outside the house - I could kill the idiot, who forced the lady ahead of me to slam on the brakes, because he preferred the middle of the road - in a curve. He didn't even stop, when he saw me lying on the asphalt.
I love old english motor bikes, and - even more cars like Jaguar. But I never did like two stroke engines because of their smell. And I still dislike this kind of engine, although it has quite a lot of advantages. But it stinks!
Successful cleaning of the exhaust would probably cost some power ...

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz