Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten
und wurde 1.226 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Non-Technical
Daniel Offline

Neuling

07.02.2006 00:48
NOT for sale anymore Antworten
how do I remove a message?

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

07.02.2006 07:13
#2 RE: Estrella for sale in Sweden Antworten

Hi Daniel,

I sent Alex from Gothenburg your email address the same day I received your email.

He replyed he will contact you. But I'm not sure he will buy her. I told him both advantages and disadvantages of the Estrellas (power / max. speed).

Estrella to Fireblade ... small change.
Your add is welcomed, but you should also post it in Swedish media.
Hope you'll tell the buyer about our website and forum.

CU
Andreas

Daniel Offline

Neuling

26.03.2006 00:41
#3 RE: Estrella for sale in Sweden Antworten

I'm not selling her anymore. :)
There has been some interest in her but I just can't part with my little star.

What I am going to do this summer is to try to take my Estrella on a longer trip.
Do you guys have any experience of long trips on your Estrellas. Are they reliable? What spare parts would be good to take with me in case she breaks down?

/Daniel

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

26.03.2006 01:12
#4 RE: Estrella for sale in Sweden Antworten
Hello Daniel,

fine that you keep your Estrella!
Do you want to move it from Sweden to Wales???

An Estrella is reliable as any other modern motorbike!
The only thing you should do: Treat her like an Estrella!!!

What do I mean?
The travelling speed should be somewhere between 80 and 90 kmph. You can sometimes ride 100 or 110, but only short passages.
If you never had any oil problem, you don't need to take care of anything. My BJ250C doesn't need any extra oil for more than 3000 km. I rode with her to the Fishhead-Tour in Northern Germany last year. Three days. 330 km, 150 km tour, 330 km back. No problem! Especially the C-Version with her bench is fitted for long terms. It has a better seat than some other bikes!

A problem I had before was, that I lost screws form the indicator switch. So, you should have a short look if all screws are tightened. But that can happen to every motorbike after 7 years!

So, if you take it slow, there is nothing special you have to care about! The Estrella is 100% reliable. You should take some wires with you if something removes, maybe some fuses and a role of tape (if something removes or electrical problems). You should of course look for the oil and tire pressure.
But this is not Estrella typical - more unversal for a motorbike trip!!!

Oh yes; a camera is a MUST! You need to make photos of your tour to show us!
A report would also be fine - so maybe a biro and a piece of paper?!

A pair of AIDS- / rubber gloves might be good if it's very rainy! You can put them on under your normal motorbike gloves. Keeps your hands warm and dry while heavy rain - which is very important. On long term rides, I also take some cotton wool for my ears with me. The permanent noise for 6 or 8 hours might attack your ears! You can get special ear plugs in music or motorbike shops, too. They filter the noise in a much better spectrum than cheap cotton wool!

CU
Andreas

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz