Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten
und wurde 1.267 mal aufgerufen
 Introducing Myself
nptam Offline

Neuling

17.09.2009 09:21
Hello from Saigon-Vietnam Antworten

Hi, I'm Estrella owner since 1 week. I don't know wich model I have neither it's origin (may be Japan). Here we don't have any Kawasaki official dealer, so I've got my second hand Estrella "as it is". I suppose that it was imported from the scrap yard and revitalized in Vietnam. Nevertheless, I like my Estrella and after changing the control chain it works perfectly. All I need now is to rectify the wiring wich was incorrectly connected. For that I have to know which model exactly is my Estrella and the wiring diagram (thank Andreas - Cadfael who send me 2 diagram of the A2 & C1 model). Somebody tell me where (on my Estrella) I could find the ID number?
Thanks for this very interesting website.
P.S. I'm rather french speaker so excuse-me for my so bad english

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

17.09.2009 14:05
#2 RE: Hello from Saigon-Vietnam Antworten

Hello nptam,

ly welcome to our little forum!

Normally, the frame number is near the lock (on the right side near the front of the tank).

Can you make a photo of your bike and send it to my email address? Maybe I can find out the model by colour and some other specifications.

Greetings to Saigon
Andreas

nptam Offline

Neuling

23.09.2009 10:59
#3 RE: Hello from Saigon-Vietnam Antworten

Hi Andreas, thanks for your guide, but unfortunately, the frame number is not the original one! Due to complicated administration procedures, the second hand big (over 175cc) motobikes imported "illegally" in VN have to be allocated a new ID frame which is overwriten on the older. The rumor said that these motobikes were imported from Cambodia, so we can suppose that they came from Thailand.
On the other hand, the engine number remain intact : 412626, any idea about it?
Below are photos of my Estrella

However, this is far of its original color. The real one is Candy Sungold Orange/Pearl Alpine White as show below

The reason is that the vendor has 2 Estrella, mine (orange with saddle and pillion) and another (Candy Wine Red/Pearl Alpine White with double bench). As the engine of the orange one is in better condition than the red one but the orange color seem so "teen" for me, so we've changed the tank as well as 2 lateral hulls
Acording to tank logo and color, it may be a B2 version of 1993, however the fenders and headlight housing are chromed, not in bike color . As for the orther one, I dont know exactely its version (the tank logo seem a little strange ?)
How your opinion?
Thanks
Tam

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

23.09.2009 17:14
#4 RE: Hello from Saigon-Vietnam Antworten

Hello Tam,

both Estrellas seem to have been "puzzled together" more or less.

The older one seems to be from 1992 or 93 because of the shock absorbers and the carburettor (without heating). So, a B1 or B2. Many parts as fenders stedometer-housing and lamp seem to have been chromed later.

The younger one has a cleaning system from 1999/2000 (or later). It might be a C. As the condition is very good, maybe a 2005 or 2006??? The logo on the orange tank might have been on the wine red tank before?! This an early log from about 1993 ...

Both tank logos are not original I think ...
Bothtanks might also be painted (very well).

Best regards
Andreas

nptam Offline

Neuling

24.09.2009 07:49
#5 RE: Hello from Saigon-Vietnam Antworten

Hello Andreas,
Yes probably both Estrella have been puzzled together (and with other ones, why not!).
So we can conclude that my Estrella (the older, originally orange with saddle and pillion, shock absorber reservoir ...) is a B version from 92 or 93. By the way, I wonder that the blinkers is original?

As for the younger (red with double bench, shock absorber without reservoir, carburetor heating ...) despite its very good look, it was entirely renovated from engine to details, so may be this is a 1999/2000 version.
Anyhow, now I know which version is my Estrella. Thanks for your informations
Tam

Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz