Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 68 Antworten
und wurde 8.197 mal aufgerufen
 Introducing Myself
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
tobbyg Offline

Amateur

25.05.2010 18:46
#16 RE: Hi Antworten

Hi AZ STE,

it seems you have a lot time, i wonder how quick the bike will be ready.

I have to say i am a little bit jealous about the time you have and wish i would have the time like you.

Toby

YZF1000R (Thunderace) Kawasaki Z440 ( keine LTD) und 2x GPZ 400 (KZ400A) und natürlich Estrella

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

25.05.2010 20:25
#17 RE: Hi Antworten

No I dont have any time Toby, but the bike took 10 weeks to come from Japan so I knew what I needed to do.
I had to take a 1/2 days holiday today as the Chromer isnt open on Saturdays. Now all my parts are spread over the North West of England its time for the engine the casings need mirror polishing,and when I take the head off I may gas flow it.
Nice engines these are you can see the timing marks by undoing the screw on the LH casing

usually the stator is fixed to the crancases but the electronic starter stops this so they swapped it around

engine so far

tobbyg Offline

Amateur

25.05.2010 21:10
#18 RE: Hi Antworten

Obviously you know what to do, are you an mechanic? Look like you are.

Looks very professional!

Toby

YZF1000R (Thunderace) Kawasaki Z440 ( keine LTD) und 2x GPZ 400 (KZ400A) und natürlich Estrella

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

28.05.2010 17:56
#19 RE: Hi Antworten

Well still cleaning parts did a few casings

Things slowing a little now as im waiting for parts back and it takes more time to rebuild when everything has to be perfect.
I pick the tank and frame up tomorrow pics to follow

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

29.05.2010 14:00
#20 RE: Hi Antworten

Well, had a long 5 hours drive today in bad weather to pick up some parts

First I went to Triple s in yorkshire

And picked up the frame and various parts from Andy pictured below with my frame

Fantastic job in one week like Andy said "better than new"

After pinching myself at what I had just picked up it was off to Richie in Skelmersdale
For my tank side panels yoke rear numberplate surround light etc.
Heres Richie in his workshop with the now perfect Black tank

The job that he has done is quite simply stunning

Heres some of the other bits inc the now Black numberplate surround and light

And the side panels

Tired but well happy and a big thanks to the guys as this Estrella wouldnt be as stunning as its going to be without thier help

Hope you like the pictures

tobbyg Offline

Amateur

30.05.2010 11:35
#21 RE: Hi Antworten

Well done
you´ve been requite to do the long drive.

Looks very good.

Toby

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

30.05.2010 13:09
#22 RE: Hi Antworten

Thanks Toby,
Started on the frame today for a bit, but the f1 GP is on so no more work... I always want Vettel to win

joekurt Offline

Neuling

30.05.2010 15:03
#23 RE: Hi Antworten

think i had enough german "grand prix" experience this weekend ... vettel crashed some seconds ago

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

31.05.2010 11:46
#24 RE: Hi Antworten

Shouldnt have mentioned Vettel

Started to put the frame back together got the headstock bearings back in and the loom airbox on

Ever piece put back on has been cleaned even every wire

Dünnling Offline

Doppelsternchen

31.05.2010 17:12
#25 RE: Hi Antworten

Cool. But I would dump the rubber nozzle of that airbox, as long as the bike is stripped. Sounds a lot better afterwards.

- Hier könnte eine tiefgründige Signatur stehen! -

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

31.05.2010 18:49
#26 RE: Hi Antworten

Thanks Dunnling
It does seem a little restrictive try it both ways when I finish

tobbyg Offline

Amateur

31.05.2010 21:06
#27 RE: Hi Antworten

Hey Dünnling,

why you want him to do this, i don´t understand the background.

Dünnling Offline

Doppelsternchen

01.06.2010 09:23
#28 RE: Hi Antworten

Well, call it sound engineering.
In fact it's nearly impossible to remove the nozzle after the airbox is properly fixed. And it is truly impossible to get it back in, unless you demount the whole airbox (which is (bloody kawasaki) quite a job.
With removed nozzle, less restrictive exhaust and a slightly bigger main jet youll get a better sounding and better going bike.

Never a dull moment...

And in fact: This is highly illegal. Kids, don't do that at home. Never ride a bike, which is modified in that way on regular roads. The cops are gonna beat you up and send you to a boot-camp, so... caution!

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

01.06.2010 09:42
#29 RE: Hi Antworten

I know what you mean about the air box it is very difficult to fit you have to split it into its two parts and even then its a struggle to get it to fit in the frame
Dunnling you must have had an Estrella in bits also to know that

Dünnling Offline

Doppelsternchen

01.06.2010 13:30
#30 RE: Hi Antworten

Yes, but I did not do anything like what you are doing (this sentence sounds a bit strage?!). Compared to your rebuild, mine is a wreck, but a fast and reliable one (by Estrella means). I'm really impressed. Did you do the polishing yourself? Professional Equipment or just Do It Yourself tools?

Regards!

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz