Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 68 Antworten
und wurde 8.127 mal aufgerufen
 Introducing Myself
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
AZ STE Offline

Amateur

01.06.2010 14:12
#31 RE: Hi Antworten

Im doing the polishing using professional equipment its hard work getting the laquer off I have to keep dipping the parts in cold water as they get hot really quickly, I have to find a product to re laquer all the parts after finishing,the barrel head petrol tap and carburettor though will be Vapout blasted.I will take before and after shots.
Thanks Steve

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

01.06.2010 18:42
#32 RE: Hi Antworten

Few more pictures ,

Fitted new bearings into the swinging arm today and fitted it to the frame

Also noticed that the wiring loom cover split here think all bikes do this at least most I have owned

So I decided to shrink wrap it keeps it from cutting wires and the tank will hide most of it

This shows the modified rear numberplate support ,its now all black and smaller in shape think its more Classic bike looking

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

10.06.2010 17:56
#33 RE: Hi Antworten

Well havent posted anything for a while the side cases are taking me a while to polish and im waiting for parts.Started cleaning the crank cases and sprayed them

You can see that the weather has got to the front

So I used these products for the job the lacquer sprays grey at first but after 30 minutes it does go clear its especially for engines

It now looks alot better and as near as I could get original

Heres the clutch side just so you can see behind the cover

Dünnling Offline

Doppelsternchen

10.06.2010 21:57
#34 RE: Hi Antworten

Well, well, well...
Again, nice work!
But... Is that a crack on the starter-Cover (right hand engine side)?

- Hier könnte eine tiefgründige Signatur stehen! -

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

10.06.2010 22:44
#35 RE: Hi Antworten

No Dunnling, that will be fixed it was paint stripper that touched the starter cover when I stripped the side cover of lacquer while on the engine ,I was annoyed now your eagle eye has spotted it soon it will be perfectlike it....Thanks

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

11.06.2010 14:46
#36 RE: Hi Antworten

Just got back from R & J Motorcycles
Mark vapor blasted my carb and has a few parts for me.My parts are there on the bench this method is so gentle on parts the beads are so fine and the finish is excellent, if you look at the carb afterwards it does not hurt the plastic components this is the best method for rebuilds.You can send parts to Mark from Europe if you like and he will make them new again

Heres the carb before vapor blasting

And now after

Got a few engine bits done so to see what the finish was like can not wait now to get the barrel and cylinder head done

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

11.06.2010 23:40
#37 RE: Hi Antworten

Hi Steve,

you'll have the best looking Estrella in whole Europe after work is done!
A really great report!

Keep on!
Andreas

motorino2001 Offline

Halbsternchen

14.06.2010 11:52
#38 RE: Hi Antworten

Hello AZ STE !!

Nice reading and very good pictures

Please keep them coming

My Estrella is the one on the front page here on the Estella Fan-Website

Regards.
Kjell

I only believe in things i can see / Ich glaube, nur in Dinge, die ich sehen kann.

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

14.06.2010 14:44
#39 RE: Hi Antworten

Kjell,
The black and red one? think thats my favourite tank colour that Kawasaki did but they should have done an all black one..
Really like your bike with the old helmet ive bought a davida helmet to go with mine.Im still waiting for parts back and dont want to take the cylinder and barrel off until I know the timing mark positions as they are not really clear? Andreas is sending me a workshop manual so hopefully they will be there.
Thanks I will keep posting as I get things back.
Steve
Feel a little humble that you can read my posts but using Google translate I can read all the German Posts as well thankssorry about dunnling

motorino2001 Offline

Halbsternchen

15.06.2010 00:08
#40 RE: Hi Antworten

Steve,..a good Company to order parts from is Consolidated Motor Spares B.V.,Netherlands(Holland)

They use to be swift,.and are nice to deal with!!

http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-bj250_model12147/

Best.
Kjell

I only believe in things i can see / Ich glaube, nur in Dinge, die ich sehen kann.

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

15.06.2010 18:45
#41 RE: Hi Antworten

Thanks for the CD Andreas now I can see the timing marks and torque settings so I can now take it apart, not in bad condition really..Kjell I use that company for the Kawasaki part numbers and then order them in the UK... good site

These are all before pictures I will be taking the head and barrel to be Vapour Blasted on Friday

tobbyg Offline

Amateur

15.06.2010 21:40
#42 RE: Hi Antworten

I am back now from Rock am Ring and a little journey to Lack Garda, no not by the Estrella, i went by my Thunderace.

I have to say i am very amazed about of the work AZ STE done on his Estrella but that must cost a lot of money, yes i don´t need you to tell me the Estrella is it worth, but i still think it is a lot of money.

So, yes you´ve done a good job till now, can´t wait to see the bike complete.

see you
Toby

YZF1000R (Thunderace) Kawasaki Z440 ( keine LTD) und 2x GPZ 400 (KZ400A) und natürlich Estrella

tobbyg Offline

Amateur

20.06.2010 21:27
#43 RE: Hi Antworten

Hi AZ STE,

any news of your bike?

YZF1000R (Thunderace) Kawasaki Z440 ( keine LTD) und 2x GPZ 400 (KZ400A) und natürlich Estrella

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

21.06.2010 10:50
#44 RE: Hi Antworten

Went to Central wheels friday and picked up my rebuilt wheels

Heres Chris who rebuilt my wheels ,new polished hubs and stainless spokes fantastic job real tradesman...

Front

Rear

The chrome replating is taking longer than expected and I dont think it will be ready for a few weeks yet

I polished the forks at work but I didnt like the look

So I got them vapour blasted instead

One more picture put the clutch side casing back on after polishing and lacquering it

motorino2001 Offline

Halbsternchen

22.06.2010 14:35
#45 RE: Hi Antworten

Hello AZ STE !!

It's a small World

One off my best friends,.. Mike the Bike Regan a Welsh man Living in Germany with family for many Years,..

in Bakede Bad Münder close to Hannofer,..he recommends http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/

as the best one on wheels and spokes

Mike is a real Italo Bike freak with a couple off Guzzis plus one Guzzi with a squire sidecar,.his Wife Erika rides a black

Thunderbird 900cc(tripple) and both his kids rides small Motorcycles and terrorize there neiborhod

Mike has been a Technician in the British Army for 20 years on Tanks,..weapons and all kinds of military vehicles before he began Civil work.

It's really f-king nice to see Mike Wrench on Bikes,..it's like watching a gifted concert pianist in action

Best.
Kjell

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz