Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 68 Antworten
und wurde 8.197 mal aufgerufen
 Introducing Myself
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
AZ STE Offline

Amateur

05.03.2010 14:11
Estrella from Japan to England Antworten

Hope this ends up in the correct section ? anyway big hello .In Dec last year I was looking on the internet and saw two Estrella's for sale in the uk ,these were quickly snapped up by a dealer in France.However I discovered who had imported them and asked if they could get me one.I wanted drum brakes chrome mudguards bench seat with no white pinstriping, last week I was told that they had found me an Estrella its a BJ250E3 1998 ,the only thing I dont like about it is that it has a silver tank.
Its going to take 8 weeks to make it to the UK .I will keep you posted with pictures ,when it arrives here I am going to totally strip it down and clean and polish everything until its in mint condition.
Cant wait thanks for the info from this site helped me alot on which spec to try and get..

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

07.03.2010 19:50
#2 RE: Hi Antworten

Hi!

yes, this is the correct section.

It would be great to keep us informed - text and photos!

Good luck and a lot of fun with your Estrella!
Andreas (a great Shropshire fan as you can see by my nickname)

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

11.05.2010 22:05
#3 RE: Hi Antworten

Well the Estrella has landed ,90mins later its in bits sending Cadfael the pics going to be the best Estrella in the UK.
Looks alot better in the pictures surprised the chrome needs the most work as my jap gtir car was perfect weather wise. Well watch this space, easy bike to do really but fun. Love that the toolkit had never been out of its space since new.Surprised the headlamp and numberplate surround is PLASTIC?

Angefügte Bilder:
SW001.jpg  
Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

13.05.2010 18:09
#4 RE: Hi Antworten

Hi Steve,

your Estrella seems to be in very good condition for a Japanese Estrella of that age!

Yes, the headlamp and the numberplate surround is plastic. Also on German Estrellas.

Good luck and a lot of fun with your Estrella!
Andreas

tobbyg Offline

Amateur

18.05.2010 19:50
#5 RE: Hi Antworten

Hi Steve,

your Estrella looks very well.

What are you going to change? Or do you want to keep it like it is?
What about the Tank, do yopu like in now?

Toby

YZF1000R (Thunderace) Kawasaki Z440 ( keine LTD) und 2x GPZ 400 (KZ400A) und natürlich Estrella

Gast
19.05.2010 08:54
#6 RE: Hi Antworten

Hi Toby
Upto now the wheels are at Central Wheels Birmingham England ,these are getting all new polished Stainless spokes and the hubs polished also new BT45,I tried everywhere in England to but Dunlop Tyres for it but no other tyres are avialable only BT45s
The Tank side panels clock surround are being sprayed deep black im having a single 7mm pinstripe and just estrella on the tank in gold.
On Saturday im taking the frame and swinging arm to Tripple S in England to be stove enamelled.
One thing I have changed is the rear light and plastic number plate surround I think this was to custom like so I have trimmed it down and its being painted pblack as all old bikes had this part black also.
Next I will take all the Chrome to Manchester to be re worked, then I will strip the engine as I have ordered the gaskets this can then be Vapour blasted in Liverpool.
One think I have done which looks good is made an inlay for the Speedo clock so it now looks like a 1950 smiths clock now in MPH
I will keep you posted as I send the parts and get them back like New...

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

19.05.2010 08:59
#7 RE: Hi Antworten

Sorry my answer below had not logged in >>>

tobbyg Offline

Amateur

20.05.2010 18:33
#8 RE: Hi Antworten

Wow, look like you send the parts all over england

I hope the Royal Mail will send it back to you correctly

The things you want to do sound very good, i am looking forward to see first pictures.

Is it very expensive to rework the parts in england, special the chrome parts?

Best wishes

Toby

YZF1000R (Thunderace) Kawasaki Z440 ( keine LTD) und 2x GPZ 400 (KZ400A) und natürlich Estrella

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

21.05.2010 10:19
#9 RE: Hi Antworten

Its quite expensive for rework in the uk heres the places im using each website has the basic costs so you can see how it compares to Germany.
Im getting the wheels done here they are a big wheel builder in the UK and do the works triumphs
http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/contactus/contactus.html

The frame is being done here
http://www.triple-s.co.uk/

The chrome is being done here
http://www.rschrome.co.uk/motorcycleprice.html

The engine parts vapour blasted here
http://home.btconnect.com/fjmotorcycles/index.html

My tank sprayer has not got a website but its going to cost about £300 for tank side panels rear numberplate top yoke.

I live in the Nothwest of England Manchester and it was/is a big Engineering area in England so I dont really have to travel too far to get all the parts done
Thanks Steve

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

21.05.2010 23:16
#10 RE: Hi Antworten

Hi Steve,

I once had a penfriend in Adlington/Chorley. I visited her twice (once on my way to the Isle of Man). So, I know the Wigan / Bolton / Blackburn / Liverpool area a bit. Can't be far from you?!
Riding through the Peak District to Manchester was great, but also coming from Shrewsbury / Shropshire (my favourite area in England).

Crossing my fingers for your Estrella!
Andreas

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

22.05.2010 08:24
#11 RE: Hi Antworten

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50432868@N06/4628099147/

Im trying to upload some pictures but not very well? cant seem to post it directly on here.How do I do this?
This is a photo of my Estrella clock that I have taken apart and re made in MPH to look like a Smiths clock

Can you see this?

Linus Offline

Einzylinder

22.05.2010 09:09
#12 RE: Hi Antworten

Hello.

Zitat von AZ STE

Im trying to upload some pictures but not very well? cant seem to post it directly on here.How do I do this?

Try and do http://www.imageshack.us with "forum code".

cheers
Stephan

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

22.05.2010 15:46
#13 RE: Hi Antworten

This is the profile I have ended up with for my numberplate surround its been keyed down ready to be sprayed black it now looks more 1950's not custom its the part I hated about the Estrella cheers stephan not good on computers just Estrella's
[IMG=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/424/22may10.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Still not a direct picture? but if thats the best I can do.... frame went to Triple S today will be ready in 1 week

Linus Offline

Einzylinder

22.05.2010 18:23
#14 RE: Hi Antworten

AZ STE Offline

Amateur

25.05.2010 07:42
#15 RE: Hi Antworten

The frame went for Stove enamelling on Saturday ready next saturday I am having 10 parts painted as in the picture,the parts were in good condition just rust where the battery was.I also have cut the numberplate support bracket as I have trimmed down the numberplate plastic surround and you would be able now to see the bracket underneath.

Sent all the chrome to the chromers today back in 3 weeks

Removed the lug that holds the front brake caliper in place ,ive got a drum brake and it spoils the look

Now like this

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz