Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten
und wurde 1.565 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella Maintenance & Technology
Alternative Offline

Neuling

28.11.2007 20:43
Need help for change oil fork!! Antworten

Hello everything is in the titre, if somebody can tell me how change the oil fork, wich oil, quantity, it could be very cool. Thanks
Felix

Dirk the duck Offline

Doppelsternchen

30.11.2007 04:43
#2 RE: Need help for change oil fork!! Antworten

Fork oil SAE 10W-20 .

If you disassamble the whole fork you need 372 +/- 4 cm³ for each stringer. If you only want to change oil you need ca. 316 cm³ for each stringer.

Alternative Offline

Neuling

01.12.2007 10:29
#3 RE: Need help for change oil fork!! Antworten

Hello,
What is the difference beetween the both operations ???
The oil i'll put inside each stringer must be the same than the oil is already inside the fork?? I would change the fork oil, because the fork is very smooth. The motorbike is 10 years old and i think nobody change the oil. Thankyou for your answer.
Felix

Dirk the duck Offline

Doppelsternchen

01.12.2007 18:32
#4 RE: Need help for change oil fork!! Antworten
Changing fork oil means, you dismount the fork strings, remove the screw on top of it, turn them with the top side to the ground and pump the oil out. For that you need 316 cm³ for each side.

The other possibility is to dismount the fork strings and disassemble them complete, maybe for cleaning the inner parts. For that you need 372 cm³ in each string after having assembled them.

By the way, maybe you should better change also the fork springs. The original ones are very soft anyway. So the better choice is to use progressive springs, for example Wirth-springs.

Alternative Offline

Neuling

02.12.2007 19:54
#5 RE: Need help for change oil fork!! Antworten
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz